This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. It means that I earn a commission when visitors, users or readers click on links to products and then make a purchase following that link. Click here to read more about my affiliate policy!
Key Lime Bars
- 1 Tbl softened butter
- 1 ½ – 2 Tbl sugar
- 1 Key Lime cake mix
- ½ cup butter, melted (1 stick
- 2 Tbl Key lime juice
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp Key lime juice
- 1-2 tsp water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- With 1 tablespoon of softened butter, evenly coat a 9×13” cake pan.
- Pour in the sugar and tip the pan to evenly distribute the sugar.
- In a large bowl combine the cake mix, melted butter, eggs and 2 Tbl. Key lime juice until it is all blended.
- Press the mixture evenly into the cake pan.
- Bake for 18-23 minutes; until the edges are a very light golden brown.
- As soon as the bars come out of the oven, prepare the glaze.
- In a small bowl combine the powdered sugar, 2 tsp. key lime juice and just enough water to make is spreadable
- But you don’t want it too thick.
- Pour the glaze over the key lime bars and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Allow the bars to cool completely before cutting.C
- Store the Key Lime Cookie Bars in an airtight container.
Carrie Groneman’s recipe. Copyright, A Mother’s Shadow, 2020
Recognize a blessing and be a blessing today.