BEST Reuben Sandwich
- Mixing Bowl
- Serving Plate
- 2 slices Rye Bread or Marble Rye Bread
- Cooked Corned Beef, Deli Sliced Corned Beef, or Pastrami (click HERE for my recipe to cook it yourself, just stop before adding in the potatoes, cabbage, etc.)
Homemade Broccoli Slaw
- 1/3 cup Real Mayonnaise (can use Miracle Whip, but it tends to overpower it with sweetness)
- 1/8 tsp celery seed
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp Emerill Original Seasoning
- 3 tsp seasoned rice vinegar (vinegar with sugar added)
- 12 oz Broccoli Slaw
- 5-6 Green Onions sliced thin
Homemade Thousand Island Dressing
- 1 cup Real Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Chili Sauce
- 1 Tbl. minced yellow onion
- 1 Tbl. minced dill pickle
- 1 Tbl. minced celery
- 1 Tbl. sour cream
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- Salt to taste
Directions for Homemade Broccoli Slaw
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli slaw, sliced onions and dressing.
- Mix the dressing into the broccoli slaw then Serve.
- Keep any leftovers in the refrigerator, use within 2 days.
Directions for Homemade Thousand Island Dressing
- In a bowl combine all the ingredients and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to marry.
- Best if used within 24 hours.
Directions for assembling the Rueben Sandwich
- Place a piece of bread on plate.
- Generously place cooked corn beef
- Spoon mixed slaw liberally over meat
- Pour dressing over slaw
- Top with another slice of bread