BEST Reuben Sandwich
It’s an excellent choice in sandwich to take on an outing, a picnic, or to make ahead for a busy day because it’s a crowd- pleaser, and is a must in your regular meal rotation.
- 2 slices Rye Bread or Marble Rye Bread
- Cooked Corned Beef, Deli Sliced Corned Beef, or Pastrami (click HERE for my recipe to cook it yourself, just stop before adding in the potatoes, cabbage, etc.)
Homemade Broccoli Slaw
- 1/3 cup Real Mayonnaise (can use Miracle Whip, but it tends to overpower it with sweetness)
- 1/8 tsp celery seed
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp Emerill Original Seasoning
- 3 tsp seasoned rice vinegar (vinegar with sugar added)
- 12 oz Broccoli Slaw
- 5-6 Green Onions sliced thin
Homemade Thousand Island Dressing
- 1 cup Real Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Chili Sauce
- 1 Tbl. minced yellow onion
- 1 Tbl. minced dill pickle
- 1 Tbl. minced celery
- 1 Tbl. sour cream
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- Salt to taste
Directions for Homemade Broccoli Slaw
In a large bowl, combine the broccoli slaw, sliced onions and dressing.
Mix the dressing into the broccoli slaw then Serve.
Keep any leftovers in the refrigerator, use within 2 days.
Directions for Homemade Thousand Island Dressing
In a bowl combine all the ingredients and mix well.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to marry.
Best if used within 24 hours.
Directions for assembling the Rueben Sandwich
Place a piece of bread on plate.
Generously place cooked corn beef
Spoon mixed slaw liberally over meat
Pour dressing over slaw
Top with another slice of bread